System State BackUp Now Works

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rugmankc, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

Haven't been keeping up with latest info and looked backed about 17 pages.

Awhile back no one could do a system state back up without using "no compression", including me.

I did one tonite with normal compression and verified. It took awhile before any progress was shown. But, completed OK. All my various backups, email, data, apps etc. work fine with normal compression

What has changed? I thought I read that SP1 may have helped this, but can't find where I read that.

Still have build 8053. Assume that is the latest.

Can anyone update me.

Ken

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rugmankc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

It would be really good news if SP1 influences the issue in such a way. Somehow or other we should reproduce the issue with the help of our Quality Assurance Team. Could you please submit a request for technical support to let us do this? Please attach Windows System Information file to the request. It can be gathered as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. Tony Gamble

Tony Gamble Registered Member

Not working for me with Vista Home Premium SP1.

Has there been any progress on this bug fix?

Almost the prime reason I bought Acronis was the ability to do regular 'system' backups - rather than the more time and disk consuming full disk backups.

Tony

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I hope you are making backup images of your system partition from time to time in addition to "system state backups". If not and you have to replace the system drive a system state backup will not be of much use.

My own approach is somewhat different because regular images of my system drive give greater recovery possibilities than SS. There is also Windows system restore to hand should it be needed.

Xpilot

5. Tony Gamble

Tony Gamble Registered Member

Thanks for those pointers.

For the benefit of those less experienced of us it is probably worth making the point that a System State back up is pretty useless then?

Would you agree?

Tony

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There are a whole host of "features" that have been added to True Image Home over the years. The vast majority of these I find useless in the sense that I have no use for them. I am sure that there are some users who do find some of them of value.

My own choice is to use TI to image the whole of a main drive automatically by schedule. I use the rescue CD to make regular restores.
    I have organised my hardware so that is simple to swap over Main hard drives, PC or laptop, before making restores.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.