System Spontanoiusly Reboots

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EPC, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EPC

EPC Registered Member

After installing the trial version of Tru Image home, my system spontanoiusly reboots about twice a Day. Has anyone else experienced this? Here is the entry from the Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0xa2000000, 0x84010400). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini103006-01.dmp.

Thank you.

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

It is possible that this is a coincidence and has nothing to do with TI.

This error has been associated with power problems e.g. loose connection; intermittant fault on a power supply; "dirty" power in that something else on the same circuit that draws a lot of power is causing a spike when it switches ON/OFF such as a heater.

You could simply uninstall TI and see if the problem goes away - I would be surprised if it did.

Let us know if you find the cause. :)

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Try to put that computer on a small UPS like an APC or something because it does sound like it could be power related. Or possibly even your machine's may be overclocked or your power supply itself may be too small and could cause this same effect.

4. reddwarfer

reddwarfer Registered Member

Hi all

First post so if I stuff up let me know thanks

Tend to agree with Tabvlr, might be a case of bad luck... bad timming.....

try an uninstall (as above) if it is software problem caused by TI then the uninstall should help idetify this..... BUT there is also the possiblity (I guess) it still may have left the problem behind in an altered registry entry or something
    (read as not the guru of windows but had similar things happen before re; software)

switchmode power supplies and motherboards from around the year 2000 plus (think before too) have been know to be full of bad caps which cause reboots at best.

That said, since you are installing TI I'am wondering if you opened up you box to put a HDD in maybe?
    Further how old is your box, brand of motherboard and PSU

Have you tried a boot to safe mode then reboot sometimes this lets windows clear its self up (a cluching at straws answer really)

There would be a site out there that could give you more of an info of those lovely esoteric numbers and letters but the best I found so far is an MS link
    (stuffed if I know really what they mean)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

This link tends to point to harware problem,

Hope the link is ok to post admin and mods

Not much help but hope it puts you on the right track.

5. EPC

EPC Registered Member

Thanks for the replies so far. To answer the various questions, I am using a UPS, and I did not open the box since installing TI.

I have since noticed somewhat of a pattern to the reboots (although it may be no pattern at all). It happens once in the morning and once at night - always vary close to 11:30 pm, give ot tke a few minutes.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Could you tell us in which country you live? If you don't want to post that information onto the Forum you can send me a private message.

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Have you actually opened the Minidump and perused it for clues ? If it is totally meaningless to you give someone else the chance to look at it who may be able to help.

Xpilot

8. EPC

EPC Registered Member

I did and it was meaningless. I downloaded a tool that is supposed to make it more readable, but it wasn't much help. Either were the various Microsofr KB articles on the subject.

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Did you uninstall TI to see if the problem goes away?

10. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

You know one other thing you might want to check is the integrity of your system ram. Try running memtest and see what you get. Flaky ram can also cause erratic sysem reboots as well.

11. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi EPC,

I would start by checking your system temperatures via your BIOS. This fault could easily be the result of a dodgy CPU fan (yes even new ones can fail) or restricted air flow through the box because of cabling and/or daughter boards.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.