system snapshot transfer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lawrence, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawrence

lawrence Guest

can anyone teach me how to transfer the system snapshot files from my 3.2 to the 3.3? i have not uninstalled 3.2 yet.

will my spywareblaster be corrupted if i transfer all the files in the folder of 3.2 to the 3.3 version?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You can transfer snapshots from one version to another but it has to be in steps. You can not simply transfer files to the a newer version without it eventually reporting corruption.

I'll attempt to help you....so if you will open up Spywareblaster and select System Snapshot\Restore System to Saved Snapshot Point....then the Go button....how many Saved Snapshots do you have and\or how many are you wanting to transfer ?

It would help if you only had one to transfer....so if you only have one that's great.

3. lawrence

lawrence Guest

i have eleven to transfer. does it matter how many there are? i really hope the next spyware blaster version allows us to keep the system snapshots

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Feel free to post your idea\suggestion in the below thread.

This thread---> SpywareBlaster 3.x Suggestions / Wishlist

Yes....because the only way to successfully tranfer what you have now to the new version....one has to follow the proper steps. It will really make it easier if you would consider properly removing via the program 10 of those snapshots and only want to transfer 1 of the snapshots. I personally see no reason to have more than 1 snapshot....but that is a personal comment\choice....you may feel differently and I will assist in which ever direction you choose. The instructions are not that complicated IMHO.

Basically....these are the steps:
    1)Decide how many you want to keep and remove via the program the ones you don't.
    2)Move or Copy all .sss files found in C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster folder into a Temp folder of your choice....but not in the C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster folder.
    3)Un-install previous version....reboot PC....install newer version
    4)Open Spywareblaster and create Snapshots for the exact amount of Snapshots you kept in step 1 above.
    5)Remove\Delete all .sss files found in C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster folder that you just created in step 4.
    6)Move or Copy into the C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster folder all .sss files you backed up in step 2.

5. yandao87

yandao87 Registered Member

thanks!!

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.