System Snapshot interfering with Windows Restore Point

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sys1new, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sys1new

sys1new Registered Member

Hi, my System Restore program in windows XP system tools is not responding in order to create a manual restore point. Would the system snapshot in spyblaster be interfering in any way? I have'nt disable spy blaster yet since another issue may be that I have deleted all previous restore points on the pre-installed version of Xp pro.(Media edition) and to keep the last restore point, but it has not kept a restore point at all & I cannot create any more either manually or automatically when installing windows programs (I have to disable system restore 1st). How can I check if any files are missing? I have checked in system management & system restore function is enabled. Could there be an issue in the registry?
    cheers

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi, sys1new,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I don't see how using SpywareBlaster's "System Snapshot" could interfere with your System Restore since the snapshot it takes places a file with the name ssave0.sss in the SpywareBlaster folder, and not in the System Restore folder. In my SpywareBlaster folder, the ssave0.sss file is only 20KB in size, and I also have my System Restore enabled on XP-Home.

However, there can be a number of other reasons why your System Restore is not working correctly, and it will probably take a bit of investigation on your part to find the cause. To get you started, here is a link to Microsoft's Help & Support that may be of some help in finding the cause and hopefully the fix:

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP

You'll also find additional links (Article Numbers) further down on the Microsoft page that may also be helpful in troubleshooting problems with System Restore. Article #322246 on that page, "You cannot create a restore point with a HighPoint Driver installed" seems like a possibility given you mentioned "I have to disable system restore 1st", and the symptoms detailed in that Article may apply to the one's you're seeing?

I will probably be moving this thread over into a more appropriate forum here (Software & Services) where it will get better attention for the specific problem. There will be a redirect link left that you can click on that will take you to your thread's new location.

Let us know if anything on the Microsoft site helps resolve the System Restore issue.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.