System Safety Monitor or Process guard Free?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by fireback, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireback

fireback Guest

Which one is better? I know what they do. just want to know which is better. Idon't want both.

2. Fixitfast

Fixitfast Guest

IMO you couldn't really compare them. SSM is an application firewall and the free version of PG will only protect one program of your choice from being tampered with. You could only really compare SSM with the pay version of PG.

I like SSM because it is free, and has always worked very well for me. The free version of PG is a very helpful app as well. Why not use both?

3. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

or you could use PG free to protect SSM... both have application sandbox so you have to choose which application sandbox to use. try this, install both, turn off application monitoring on PG free then use this to protect SSM because SSM can be easily terminated.

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

You are not right about the features of Process Guard, fixitfast.
    The free version offers a full unlimited sandbox, which warns you (and asks you) about any new executable wanting to run, like SSM would do.

Then, Process Guard has indeed another feature which was his main one, which is the process protection, indeed limited in the free version, but you are not obliged at all to use it, if your only point is to use an "SSM like" software.

Then SSM has registry protection and Process Guard is a kernel driver (not user program like SSM), so choose the one you prefer.

regards,

gkweb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.