System Safe Free edition not working as advertised

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by DarkPhoenix, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Registered Member

According to this page:
    http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/products The Free edition of System Safe has these 3 features: Anti malware, Virtual Mode and System Restore and Rollback.

Then why when I click on system restore it asks me for a paid activation key?

Is this false advertising or am I missing something else?

Also, I clicked on " Official Support Forum" on the Returnil homepage. It brought me here. Why does this company use Wilders for their support forums? This seems kind of cheap and cheesy to me - shouldn't a company like that have it's own forum?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello DarkPhoenix and welcome to the forums :)

You are correct, RSS Free 2011 does not allow the System Restore feature but does have lower priority access to the Cloud updates. I have asked the web team to check the page and fix the checkmark miss-match.

Good eye and thanks for the heads up.

No, the Wilders Security community is unique; comprising a wide range of user experience that includes a disproportionate number of independent malware researchers, a varied number of other official vendor support forums, and an experienced core group of members that provide relevant and timely feedback on our development efforts.

Having an isolated forum is not as efficient or effective as being here at Wilders...

Mike

3. DarkPhoenix

Well your bit of false advertising turned me off to your company for good.

The Free System Safe would have been a great free product if only the system restore worked. As it is, you detect malware and quarantine it but does not repair. You have a virtual environment that may work but is not practical for real computer users because it will not let you save anything to the hard drive. This is ineffective as using a Tv with Web TV to search the web.

At the very least your free app could have ONE part with full functionality. All you offer is a tease in hopes people will purchase a full product. To me, this is very dishonest.

I was hoping to be able to use your system recovery tool to replace Comodo Time Machine and Rollback RX as I have had problems with both of these working properly. Now I will never know if your product works because I cannot afford it - after the problems i've had I would not pay for an app I cannot test, and do not trust your company. I honestly do not believe for one minute you guys didn't know about the false advertising. You were just hoping you could get away with it until someone like me called you on it - but that's just my opinion. I think you people should be ashamed of yourselves. I wonder how many other people downloaded the free app because of your little "mistake".

I'll keep checking your website to see how long it takes you to remove that faulty green check mark.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Your assessment is off-base by a wide margin on all accounts. There is no false advertising, just a mistake in a chart that will be corrected as soon as possible.

Next:

It does and is available in the premium version. If you would like to evaluate the functionality, try the trial.

Wrong. First, both free and paid versions include a Virtual Disk where data/files can be saved when required and further, saving content on a non-system disk or partition is a valid alternative if you prefer not to take advantage of the VD feature. Second, the Virtual Mode works and works well with a long history of stability and effectiveness.

Bad analogy and totally wrong. The only comparison is that both are low cost alternatives to a premium product/service. RSS free 2011 provides real, high performance security for the user.

It has more than one: Full Virtual Mode (boot-to-restore or ISR), Anti-execute, and fully capable Virus Guard with real-time monitor and Cloud based updates. This means that anything detected can be quarantined and updates are provided free of charge.

Simply register the client as a trial and you can evaluate the software as required. We also have a frequent number of promotions where those interested can obtain licenses so keep an eye out for the next one...

There is no reason whatsoever to feel that way. Our people are highly dedicated to PC security for everyone, provide a free version for those unable to afford the premium version, and work tirelessly to win the war against malware.

That opinion is wrong. If you are unconvinced as to our ethics and dedication to PC security, please feel free to do more research. We answer questions honestly and acknowledge mistakes. If we were really trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, do you honestly think that this would escape the notice of the security community or that said community would not be quick to call us to the carpet...loudly?

Our goal is to provide real, long lasting security for our users and customers...period.

With Kind Regards
    Mike

5. DarkPhoenix

The software says in a Virtual mode you can only save to the real hard drive through the File Manager which is only available in the paid version.

You can claim what ever you want, I wasn't born yesterday. I'm not buying it. How long have you had that webpage up? You mean in all that time no one noticed this serious error? On that page full of green and red buttons, your free app would look really bad compared to the others with only 2 green check marks - I know that's why you did it. Sure you have to stick to your story I understand that.. that's your defense in a court of law if you ever got dragged in for false advertising, but don't play me for a fool.

oh yeah.. there are other really bad problems with that chart. I am not going to tell you what they are but to those who see them, it makes your chart look really silly. I wonder if you can find them.

6. asembler

asembler Registered Member

Bad day DarkPhoenix? :)
    Why so negative approach, Coldmoon is a nice guy.
    It's just a small mistake in the chart...but I agree that Returnil should have it's own forum on official site.

7. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

Much of the software has limited free version...Returnil not invented anything new...
    All vendors who have a free version have restrictions on the free version or not activate all the options the program offers.
    Avira,Avg,Comodo,Avast...... not to mention more,and they have various kinds of advertisements.
    If you do not like the program do not use it.:thumb:

8. Athletic

Athletic Registered Member

If this is true then the free version is very, very bad.

@ Coldmoon - o.k., i can save downloaded files on :E partition, but lot of exclusions are important and are stored on :C ( Mozilla profile folder, saved games, program settings...).

Exclude or save something from :C is crucial, very important, without that even free version is just half of the product.

Restore option is good addition to paid version, but exclusions and saving from virtualized :C is vital part

9. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Both Dottech and Softpedia just had offers on their web sites for the Pro version for free. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.