System Restore

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WindowsXPUser, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey! I have done System Restores for a long time and one thing I have learned is whenever I do it, it somehow leaves behind my music... but I just did a restore recently and found I can't access my C:/Documents and Settings/Owner.....

A message appears saying Access is denied. Any help? Thanks Wilders !!! :D

2. Basically I need to find a program to find Files I am looking for?

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

does start>search not work?

4. Well I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but I am not thick lol... I downloaded a Active Recover or something and I could see the contents of the folder with My Music in it and it had all the music there. I tried searching for it though by Start > Search and even made sure in "More Advanced Options" I ticked Search Hidden Folders and System Folders. :)

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

no, sorry i wasnt being sarcastic, its just usually with me its the simplist things with computers that solve my problems.

As im always looking for overly complicated solutions when something easy fixes it in a fraction of the time.

Sorry i couldnt think of something better to solve your problem

7. squash

squash Registered Member

If you use a limited account on Windows XP, you can't access Documents and settings\Owners as that belongs to the Owner (an administrator account). You would have to login as "Owner" (without the quotes) and copy your music from there to your Folder on your current limited account user name Documents and settings\You (Where you is the account that you use).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.