System Restore - All gone, Again

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by CloneRanger, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

XP SP2

Just checked, ALL gone !

sr.gif

Why, i thought this had been Fully addressed ? Not good, lucky i checked.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Is System Safe active?

3. CloneRanger

No, and it wasn't when it happened ?

4. Coldmoon

Turn System Safe off and then force a Restore Point. Is it listed?

5. CloneRanger

Hi

System Safe is off, and was off, as i said before ! So unless i've misunderstood, i'm not sure why you asked again. Please see my screenie.

rt.gif

After i discovered All SR points had gone i immediately created a new one, which is still there as i have not activated Returnil since i reported this latest incident.

The issue isn't being able to create SR points when System Safe is inactive, but losing ALL previous SR points after System Safe has been activated. If i hadn't checked SR and i had needed them, i, and possibly other people, would be in serious trouble. Having backup is irrelevant to sorting out the still ongoing problem that Returnil has with System Restore.

What do you advise me and others in this position to do now ?

6. CloneRanger

Hi

Got the rvs_2010_pre_release.exe from the link you gave me via PM. Uninstalled the problem current rvs_2010.exe v3.1.7662.5174 and rebooted.

Disabled any software that might interfere and installed rvs_2010_pre_release.exe offline, always do, Got this message

r-msg.gif

Presuming it's due to the this, ?

Strange it seems that even though i had uninstalled via Control Panel in XP, RVS has kept my previous config settings when i checked through the tabs. Couldn't unlock the interface, wrong PW.

pw.gif

I can't remember the email addy i used previously, so maybe as the one i used this time might be different and preventing this, if it's due to RVS remembering ?

If this is so, how do i Fully delete all of RVS's previous/current settings to allow another uninstall/install attempt ?

Also Zemana showed a clipboard capturing alert, which i allowed. Why is RVS doing this ?

zr.gif

7. Coldmoon

I suspected some form of damage, but was not entirely sure. This message verifies the issue and the new build will correct it.

Shoot me a PM with your Installation ID (preferences > Advanced TAB). We can assist to reset the password from the server, but only if you give us permission to do so...

If RVS is damaged (see your alert message for corruption), the uninstall can fail either partially or completely. Getting that message however means that the new installer corrected the damage.

RVS should be working properly now, but need to get you to the point where you can unlock the interface. Once that is unlocked, you can go through an uninstall and then reinstall of the new build to be sure - first part first though...

The only things RVS should be writing to are the cache (if applicable) and the log files. Can you check your RVS3 and RVS3-inst logs (in C:\Windows) to see if anything was appended to the files at the time you noticed the Zemana alert?

Mike

8. CloneRanger

Hi

Found the RVS3.log with both data from this install, and the previous install ! but no RVS3-inst log ? Plenty of ERR etc notes, not sure what you need to see, was going to enclose the full log in here as it's too big for PM, but it contains numerous listings of my Inst.ID If you give me an email addy i'll send it to you.

Inst.ID = sent via PM

If i uninstall this version and you let me know how to Fully delete ALL of RVS's previous/current settings to allow another uninstall/install attempt, without resetting the password from the server, i would Much prefer it. I have disabled ALL the remote in stuff anyway.

9. Coldmoon

See your PM

Mike

10. CloneRanger

Got it, thanks

11. CloneRanger

Hi all logs just sent to support as requested.

Followed your PM instructions to the letter, but still get this error ?

cor.gif

Also the same PW problem ?

Awaiting further advice :thumb:

12. Coldmoon

Ok - have the files. Give me some time to go through them and consult the QC team.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.