System restarts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmcdes, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmcdes

cmcdes Registered Member

I haven't had any success with True Image Workstation 9.1 (latest build 3,854) so far. I am running XP Professional. When I attempt to create a bootable rescue media or back anything up, my computer immediately re-starts. It happens every time and even in Safe Mode. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Is this on a laptop or desktop? Do you have InCD or GoBack running?

3. busman

busman Registered Member

I am in the process of trying to select backup software. I just downloaded and installed the trial version of Acronis TrueImage 10 Home and am also running Windows XP Pro. I am having the exact same problem as CMCDES.

I can't do anything with it. I have tried selecting backup computer, data, application settings, and e-mail settings. After selecting a drive, folders, etc and clicking on "Next", the system immediately restarts.

I am not running InCD nor GoBack.

I have a desktop running on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 1GB RAM.

I was considering going with either BootIt NG by Terabyte or Acronis. My first choice was Acronis and so far, I am very disappointed. I'm glad I didn't go with my first impulse which was to go ahead purchase the Acronis software without trying it out first. Any help would be appreciated.

4. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

is the feature "automatic reboot on failure" enabled..? (Sorry I have a german system..maybe it is not the exact description of the feature)
    here is how to disable it:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/disautorestart.htm

Please disable the reboot feature and post us the first two lines of the bluescreen. If the feature is disabled and there is no bluescreen.....then it is time for the acronis support (they could provide you with special SnapApi drivers).

Volker

5. busman

busman Registered Member

Hello Volker,

I did as you asked and here is the message from the blue screen:

A problem has been detected & Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000006, 0x00000001, 0xf74628d0)

ulsata.sys - Address f74628d0, base at f7460000, datestamp 3edc0f62

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  6. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

sounds like a problem with the sata-driver of your computer. I found different sources in the internet for this problem...

so:
    - if you have a sata drive -> update to newest driver-release
    - if you don't hava a sata drive, but sata enabled in bios -> disable it
    - if nothing works -> make a dump and send it to acronis tech-support.

Volker

7. busman

busman Registered Member

Volker,

I went ahead and disabled the sata and via raid controllers since I have IDE drives and that has solved the problem.

Appreciate your help very much. I can now start to evaluate this software.

J. Munoz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.