system resorces

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mhorn74, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhorn74

mhorn74 Registered Member

i am trying to find my system resorces in my pc and i cannot find it any where, i have an XP is there any way someone can help me out in finding this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain a little more about what exactly you are looking for and in what context?

You see, when most people talk about "System Resources" on a Windows PC, they are usually referring to the percentage of used/free memory structures that were one of the key limitations with Windows 9x/ME systems. However, you posted that you use XP, so that whole concept does not apply to your system.

On Windows XP, system resources would refer to a more general set of resources such as used versus free memory (RAM), disk space and even CPU processing power, but not the old "system resources" as described here:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article07-104

If you used to run an older Windows version and had received the warnings about being low on system resources, and perhaps saw a percentage indicator showing something like: 28% free and knew that that was trouble, none of that applies on Windows XP.

On XP, what you can see is the free/used memory, pagefile usage and CPU usage as shown in the Task Manager (ctrl alt del) - see the different tabs there, especially the Performance tab.

3. mhorn74

mhorn74 Registered Member

thank you very much you answerd my question i didn't know there wasn't a system resorce check like there is on 98

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.