System Repair Engineer : SREng 2.6 New Final Version ( FREE )

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PROROOTECT, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It detects the hidden process of phide.exe rootkit.

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm also convinced now that the program is malware-free, but, IMHO, take SiteAdvisors results with a grain of salt. I've not found them to be very accurate, and with the quickness of websites to be infected then returned to normal, their method isn't the best, nor am I fond of any type of "community rating" involved with a security program. Communities have their share of idiots.

4. boonie

boonie Registered Member

For what it's worth:
    Here's a review from ZDNET:UK which gives a brief overview of the program. I've also seen SREG recommended to people in lieu of and in addition to HJT over at bleepingcomputer and WhatTheTech (formerly TomCoyote).

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, my Comrade:

Now you are talking STRAIGHT !

I tried to follow your CURVES to understand the message, but failed.

If your mind can not be comprehended by others, why bothers ? Save those for your own future sake !

This app is from LittleFrog ? are you one of those ?

6. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Thanks , dw426 , it's sweet of you ...:D
    Have you SREng ?
    Thanks , PROROOTECT:)

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Nah, I don't keep programs I wouldn't know how to use on my system for too long (hence why HIPS never stays more than a couple of days).

8. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Exactly always flagged, very strange, I wonder what Kareldjag would comment about.

Forget this Prev it is b*llsh*t.

Hahahaha you make me laugh all the time ProRoot. Yes courage courage lool or better suspicion suspicion looool.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This thread has been rinsed of the circus atmosphere and ask that We attempt to discuss the thread topic Please.

Also, it would be appreciated if We can curtail the quirky\choppy\broken posts so members can understand what is being conveyed.

10. PROROOTECT

Hello Bubba ,
    Have you SREng ?
    Thanks , ( sadly ) , PROROOTECT:'(
    PS. Maybe : to bright-en up this thread ... liven up ...? and others ...?
    ... to keep smiling ...

11. AntiMalwareGuy

AntiMalwareGuy Registered Member

Hello everybody,

Yes this software is legitimate (at least not reported to be malware and that's good).

But.

On your side guys, I would take more attention to topic starter person, PROROOTECT. He is not so simple as it looks ;) And I would not believe in everything what he is posting here, especially related to security programs nor security at all.

I've a lot of proofs of the suspicious nature of this member. He come here from http://forum.sysinternals.com, here is his profile http://forum.sysinternals.com/member_profile.asp?PF=22171

Before believing in everything what he is trying to tell you on his *crazy* variant of English language, take a look on these masterpieces from PROROOTECT :ninja: (please don't laught)

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15090
    and here (whole thread) http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15069

more his posts can be found here
    http://forum.sysinternals.com/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20080802085614&KW=&PN=2

he is giving lame and dangerous advices on forum, and not so long time ago mister PROROOTECT started posting insults and pure BS on his *English* in several threads inside Malware subforum. Posts were removed and mister PROROOTECT has got a WARNING message from administrators/moderation team of the SysInternals. After this, mister PROROOTECT migrated here and started doing what he actually loves to do - post a links to suspicious or not well-known software and yeah, he continued giving the dumb advices as was some time ago on sysinternals.

This post have no meaning to insult mister PROROOTECT, just security experts like you guys should be more circumspect :rolleyes:

regards.

12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I can't get to that last link you posted about all his other posts, so the one I can get to, the first link, just shows some newbie making fun of his/her lack of English, NOT proof of the "danger" of his advice. Pardon me if I seem suspicious of YOU, seeing as how your very first post happens to be right here and happens to be an attack on a forum member (ain't the best way to have a welcome mat rolled out for you) Point me to an example of his "danger" and I'll bite, Mr 1st Post :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
  13. AntiMalwareGuy

14. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, you DID prove he/she knows/knew little to nothing about rootkits (of course neither do I and I keep my mouth shut about them for that reason). I won't put so much into the insults claim as I see that happen here too. I still don't see a big point in popping in on your first post to start attacking somebody, but that's whatever I guess. If he/she was giving dangerous advice, well, people like that don't usually stop and I'm sure he'll/she'll start back up again sometime and the members here will jump right on it and call him/her out.

15. AntiMalwareGuy

hello again, dw426 :)

Okay, it is was a simple point to you guys, do not trust everything what this guy posted/will post. There is nothing harm in his kind of *humor* and strange lunatic behaviour however if you're on discussion about serious antimalware solutions or new antimalware tools, things like
    looks like a pure BS and simple weird. And I'm still want to point you, send a PM to moderators at sysinternals, because after that you will get a proofs about his direct insults (about 10 posts) and BS he was posting few days ago.

regards.

16. AntiMalwareGuy

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Perhaps you meant well to try and warn us, and that's fine, nothing wrong there. maybe I read too much into your original post. I think we here may have caught on to his/her strange (very) replies, to a few here it looks like an automatic translator is being used. The only thing I can say to that is hunt up another translator, lol. Other than that, if it turns into very bad advice as opposed to just plain bad translation, be sure the regular folks here will get right on it :)

18. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Ok, so he/she isn't real up to speed on the newest Kaspersky either...of course you can turn that around and say "well, it may be heavy depending on what kind of system he/she has."...and you'd be correct :)

Edit: Your warning will be taken into account by folks here, and we'll see what happens. In the meantime, better to not go off-topic any further as off-topic posts around here are treated like the Bubonic plague, and I don't want your warning post killed off in the event your warnings show to be true.

19. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I can view this, but you must be a member to view a profile. I know the posts at Sysinternals but lets not make that the subject,..give someone enough rope. I'd recommend having a look at the suite which SRE is apart of, some nice tools.

20. beto_nl

beto_nl Registered Member

Anyway did you compare this tool with other free clean/repair tools such as CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com)
    and Advanced WindowsCare2 personal ( http://www.iobit.com/ )
    I am trying it and it seems quite effective so far ( and clean)

B. regards
    Beto_nl

21. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll keep this short and sweet. What happens on other forums concerning members is of no concern in this thread or any other thread here at Wilders. In fact, it is and will be considered off topic to our thread discussions.

For now this thread will continue as is with no dumping of trash. However, for this thread to continue much further, the discussion needs to be about SREng 2.6 New Final Version ( FREE ), nothing more nothing less.

22. PROROOTECT

Hello everybody ,
    ### dw426 , beto_nl , Bubba - and others ...
    It was kind to help me to deal with that strange guy ...
    Thank you all so much for your posts !!!:argh:
    Best wishes , PROROOTECT:-* :-* :-*

PS. # dw426 : You can write : " he / " ; I am a man ( moreover I am still young , so open-minded ...)

23. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ok, to the topic.

Attached Files:

24. PROROOTECT

Hello Aigle ,
    ...to push OK !!!:argh: :argh: :argh:
    Thanks , PROROOTECT
    and good evening for YOU !

25. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hey Prorootect, you're welcome, and "he" it is, lol, thanks for clearing that up :) Glad to see this software can detect that process.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post, lol. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.