System reboot on defrag

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by sharjohn, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharjohn

sharjohn Registered Member

I have purchased all four programs, port explorer, TDS-3, wormguard and processguard. I "THINK" that the problem I am now encountering is due to processguard, but wanted to run it by you all for input. I am running windows 2000, 1GB of memory, with wormguard and processguard running in the background. I bought a program called SystemSuite5 from V-Comm which I use to defrag (I use JetDefrag in the suite). When I use the defrag program in normal mode, the computer always reboots just as the defrag program starts. If I run the defrag program in safe mode, it runs fine. I can run Microsofts defrag program in safe or normal mode. Is there something about a defrag program that processguard or wormguard does not like? Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? I have tried shutting down both programs before I run the defrag, but there is still a problem. Can you tell me what I need to shut down in the process list using Task Manager? Maybe some aspect of processguard or wormguard is still active after I shut down the programs.

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Check your mail, please let us know how it goes

3. sharjohn

sharjohn Registered Member

Did you get my earlier email? I followed your advice, still got the problem. What should I try next? I know, try a little patience huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.