System process at 100% CPU

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by martinatthetown, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogannn

rogannn Registered Member

I hope you can find a solution to this, if you did tell me how it worked. One question does you computer fail to shutdown, hibernate, ect?

2. tparkinson

tparkinson Registered Member

i seem to being having the exact same issue here, however it dosn't seem to be affecting my pc much apart from my raid hard drvies which are almost unsable due to the speed of them and shutting down / loging off etc do not work.

As i run my main windows build of an un raided drive then i havea stack of raided drives for programs and files and they are runing incredibly slow, yet i still get fantasic preformance in games and the like which dont use the affected hd's.

gunna try and reinstall my raid drivers etc now...

spec:

NO EFFECT... :(

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  3. tparkinson

tparkinson Registered Member

i might have corrrected this problem, i think it was caused by a malicious user creating a zombie of the pc because the system process was always at 256k mem usage and considering the actuial system process varries quite a bit in its actual mem usage this made me wonder a bit.

so i wacked out the good old msconfig and had a detailed list a my boot ini and so on and found a few things that shouldn't be there on boot... a few unamed process contpletly with no actual directory listed, so i removed them and all listings in registry listing and all seems back to normal.

so id surgest a quick look in there and if you see anything that you don't know google it to find out what it is, if you dont need it get rid of it and that shoudl prob sort it out.

4. rogannn

rogannn Registered Member

I took it to Future Shop and they fixed the 100 CPU for 60$ which was a rip off because he just deleted some stuff but he didn't say what he did, but it works anyways. He said like basically don't use your computer so good luck fixing your computers. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.