System partition formated-can't access second partition. Data recovery needed

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by tommmik, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommmik

tommmik Registered Member

Hi all
    In the beggining i will say that i looked over different forums and i can not find clear instruction. I think this is pretty common problem.

I have a laptop with one physical disk and two partitions. They were two partitions:
    -C-System
    -D-data
    I used Truecrypt'a and full-disk encryption option (no partition). So once i was launching my laptop i have to enter password once.
    Yesterday I formated C partition and I have installed windows again. Now, partition C looks as it should(its cleane), while the D-partition is not accessible (when I turn on "my computer" and I want to open a partition D - I can not do (it gives me a message that you must format)).
    Drive C on this laptop is usable...system is installed(win7).
    I have physical option to remove drive and connect to different computer if necessary.

My question is:
    Is there any way to recover data from partitions D?

Please help :)

I have a rescue CD TRD.
    Using partition recovery tools like testdisk or easeus partition recovery do not help-it does not see anything. But i think this is normal because it is encrypted.

2. tommmik

tommmik Registered Member

OK I found a solution which is quite simple. IN computer which i have formatted install TC. Go to Volumes-> select device-> select the partitions which is the problem
    Then Volumes-> Mount Volumes with Options-> Mount partition using system encryption without pre-boot authentication->user password which you always used to start the computer-> OK

3. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Glad you figured it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.