System not rebooting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StacyG, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StacyG

StacyG Registered Member

I have tried to install Acronis True Image8 and I cannot get the system to reboot. I am using ME and trying to transfer the OS to a slave drive I have installed that has a lot more room. When I follow the prompt to reboot, I get the message of Windows Protection fault on the blue screen. Restart your computer. When I do the start up disk, I see the program and it looks like it is installed, but it tells me the serial number is not right. Re install which I cannot do nor remove. HELP!

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Are you trying to clone your boot drive to another drive? Please explain in detail the steps you have performed thus far. Include drive configuration data such as IDE or SATA? Master/Slave, etc.

3. StacyG

StacyG Registered Member

I have not even gotten that far. I am trying to install the acronis program. It is will not let me reboot in the first place without me going to a start up boot disk. I have installed True Image 8. I go to reboot after being prompted and it starts to reboot, then I get a blue screen saying windows protection fault. You must restart your computer. That is how far I have gotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.