System Mechanics 7 & Comodo Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hermescomputers, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

(Sorry I opened this thread into the wrong section... Should be in Firewalls)

I use System Mechanics 7 on some systems. It refuses to detect Comodo Firewall Pro (v.3.0) and gives a scary (Your Security is downgraded) red alert thing.

Tested this on several systems and all the same. When one clicks on the "Security Problem Tab" it load a web page trying to sell it's own firewall...

All systems tested had Comodo properly installed & was registered in MS Security Center properly.

As for the Picture... The Antivirus missing is true but obviously not the firewall!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

This is because System Mechanic 7 has its own database of firewalls and Comodo is not on their list. Nothing to do with Windows Security Center

3. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Dont believe that SM says. If you see cfp.exe and cmdagent running in the task manager then Comodo is working. You have the GUI to Comodo open and there are no errors right. Then its working. It also says no anti virus.

4. Hermescomputers

Mmmh... well that is not much of a firewall diagnostics reporting the error... It should be looking multiple places before reporting and then trying to sell it's own brand of firewall.

The tst machine has no av's by design. But on all pc's I did an internal firewall Diagnostics and an online penetration test that demonstrated to me that he firewall is not only reporting to be on but actively defending the machine... Which is what prompted me to post about it.

5. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

And what site is this? Go to shields up. What leak test are you using? Download the leak test from shields up which most of us use. Better yet why dont you install something and you will see Comodo kick in.

6. Hermescomputers

No trouble, I test firewalls every day... I'm fully confident about Comodo's firewall, it's System Mechanics I'm looking at here.

As for Firewall testing there's more "functional" tests out there. I found GRC's Shields up test to miss some rather important holes actually.

Try those I listed on this page: Firewall Testing Resources I would recommend you try them all until you close all the holes they find... and missed by shields up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.