System hangs after Nod32 Install

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SumoHamster, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SumoHamster

SumoHamster Registered Member

Hello all,

I've been using Nod32 for about a year now and am very happy with it. I just built a new system, installed all Windows updates, video card drivers, VIA drivers, and soundcard drivers. I then installed Nod32 and now when I boot, after I enter my password, the system just sits there and won't finish the load into Windows. I never had this problem in the past. I had to reboot and uninstall Nod32 in safe mode to be able to use my system again.

I'm using WinXP and Windows Update V5. Is there a problem I'm not aware of? I don't want to install the competition to have virus protection :eek: I have tried the latest version from the nod32 site as well as the beta version and both cause my system to hang on boot.

Thanks for any help you can suggest :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you uninstall Nod32, reboot, go to C:\Program Files and remove the Eset folder.

Clean the registry of any remaining files to do with Eset

Empty your temp files including off line temp files

Download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from the www.nod32.com website

Reinstall Nod32, leave your UN and PW until AFTER it has installed and AFTER you have rebooted your PC (when asked).

Then go into the Nod32 Control Centre> Update> update> Setup and add in your UN and PW.

Let me know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. SumoHamster

SumoHamster Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I tried your suggestions and they did not work. Due to a bit of flakyness with this latest format, I reformatted and used the normal V4 Windows Update instead of V5. After Windows, I setup Nod32 almost right away and had no problems.

I think V5 was causing some "CoCreate" errors I was also receiving, so looking back on it, I guess I'm not too surprised there were other problems.

Thanks for your help! :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My Pleasure, good to see that you found a solution...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.