System goes to 100% CPU upon boot

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mdieckmann, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdieckmann

mdieckmann Registered Member

I have just purchased, downloaded, and installed Privacy Suite 9. Upon logging into Windows XP, my system goes to 100% CPU and locks up.

After a tedious process of starting in safe mode, uninstalling the software, etc. I determined that it was indeed the install of Privacy Suite software that caused the problem.

Is there a known fix for this? If not, is there a way to request a refund?

I'm really only interested in Privacy Suite for the secure undelete and remove system tracks capabilities; can those modules be installed without the other features?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mdieckmann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

You can try to install Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 without Acronis Malware Shield and see if the issue remains.

Please also download and install the latest build (1461) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem remains with the latest build and you would like us to investigate the problem then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.