System does not start after update!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hasi, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hasi

Hasi Registered Member

I upgraded to True Image V11 from V9. I then was asked to reboot. Now I get the error message that the loader (F11) is not present and I can not start my computer anymore.
    HHEELLPP!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you have backup fiels form before the attempted aupgrade, then restore your machine, using the earlier bootCD to get you back before the upgrade.

Then uninstall ATI 9, then install the new ATI.

I recommend first going running msconfig.exe, on SErvices, select hid all MS serivces, then disable the rest, then onthe startup tab disable everything, click OK and let the machine reboot. Then uninstall 9 and then install the new ATI. This way, no other programs are liekly to interfere with the uninstall or install.

When you're done, run msconfig again and enable everything on the Services and startup tabs.

Note that each time you reboot while msconfg has anything disabled, it will at reboot as if you want change the settings -- tell it no until you've finsihed all your installing.

3. Hasi

Hasi Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. I have found the boot CD. Can you also tell me how to get my computer to boot from the CD and not from drive c:. How do I get into the settings?
    Greetings from beautiful Switzerland
    Hasi

4. Hasi

Hasi Registered Member

I found out: Just insert CD and reboot. Works fine - Entire harddisk resored sucessfully from backup.

Only, I still can not start my system: Acronis Loader: Configuration file not found

I still need urgent help!

Thanks and regards
    Hasi

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Did you remove the CD after you restored and before you rebooted? If your system was working when you made the backup, it should be working now that you resotred th disk back to that very same state.

6. Hasi

Hasi Registered Member

I did remove the CD. The restore laster for mor then 1 hour and reported with "successful". The Acronis Loader (F11) does not find the configuration file. Does that get restored also?
    Regards Hasi

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hasi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please fix your hard drive's MBR either by issuing "fixmbr" command in Windows Recovery Console or using one of the methods described in Acronis Help Post.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please perform Windows Repair using your Windows installation disk.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:
    - Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer in question from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. redding199

redding199 Registered Member

I have had the same Startup Recovery Manager problem since I installed the Version 11.0 upgrade, Ivan has been helpfull but nothing has worked so far.
    I am back on Ver. 10.0 and it works fine.
    When I get the error I boot on the recovery disc and remove the Secure Zone which removes the Startup Recovery Manager from the MBR.
    You can boot from any version Recovery disk if you made one for the previous version you had installed.
    I am running Vista Ultimate.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.