System crashes with Avast installed

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Rodimus, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus

Rodimus Registered Member

I installed the latest version of Avast AV after RVS 2010 (real-time virus protection in RVS is always disabled), then my system (64-bit Windows 7 installed) crashes frequently with a BSOD at startup.

As a temporary workaround, I unchecked Avast AV at system startup in msconfig, then start Avast on demand after booting into Windows. Have anyone experienced the same issue before? I haven't tried out RVS 2011 yet, because I'm happy with the 2010 version and would prefer to use it if there are any easy workarounds.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Rodimus and welcome to the forums :)

Please try the same thing with the current RSS 2011 and let me know if the same issue happens. Please note, we are also getting ready to release a new build (REL14) so use that as soon as it is announced...

Mike

3. Technical

Technical Registered Member

You can test the latest 6.0.1203 avast version.
    Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis.

There is also C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file.
    Better if you can compress (zip), rename it with an unique name, them and add some information about the BSOD and the link for this thread. ;)
    Upload it to this anonymous ftp server: [ftp]ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/[/ftp]
    It won't be bad if you can warn avast team (in forums) regarding to the ftp upload (as the server is unmonitored frequently).

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Please also send the same minidumps as attachments in a ZIP or RAR archive to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com. Once the ticket is opened, we can send you login credentials to our FTP server to upload the larger MEMORY.DMP file for analysis.

One thing to note is that order of install can have relevance. Please get the dumps and go through that process first and then we can explore the order scenario to resolve the crash.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.