System Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by L815, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L815

L815 Guest

Hey everyone, I am in need of assistance with System Cleaners.

For now, I've used Sweepi and CCleaner to clean most of the junk off my Laptop, but just doesn't seem sufficient enough.

I want to start using an app that has all the tools in one.

What do you guys recommend I try out?

I've tried Tuneup Utl. 2008 & Ace Utilities (ace seemed to find more *junk), but haven't used either one long enough to really tell the difference. Plus I have a hard time choosing on my own sometimes :oops:

Please don't mistake this as a 1v1 thread. I'm looking for opinions based on experience for any product in this category that you may find worthy :)

2. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

i use ccleaner + o&o defrag when "tuning" my clients' pc's.

on the other hand, my average client is a office clerk, who isn't installing a lot of apps or do p2p/games et cetera. so it's more than sufficient.

i have no reason to change so far.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

easy cleaner Is another free application that does a deeper clean then ccleaner with A undo back up just In case.I have not experienced any Ill effects from it but with default settings only.As with any registry cleaners caution should be used. There are also many paid for products that claim to clean more deeply and safely and return your pc 100 percent faster yea sure, not even hardware upgrades turn out numbers like that.My suggestion would be If your machine runs fine leave well enough alone.king regards djohn

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Would you please elaborate, "sufficient enough?" I suspect you're looking for a performance gain in the wrong place.
    *You'll benefit most L815 by including "relevant" detail's - Laptop, Vista Home Premium, 2Gb RAM, Celeron Core Duo.

As an experiment, give this page a run - http://www.petri.co.il/vista_aero_performance_issues.htm

GF

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  5. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I'm using only Sweepi after clean Windows installation. After that i don't run anything because I use virtualization so every reboot is totally same.

If I install something new I use my clean Windows only image and install everything back and again I run Sweepi once.

6. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Using Ace Utilities with no problems

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I myself use Ace Utilities because it finds more junk (than say CCleaner).

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Numerous posts were removed.

Further for future reference, the boot to restore spillage that's being offered in a number of our system cleaning, registry cleaning, anti-malware cleaning, etc. type threads, is not appropriate and are considered off topic.

9. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Try Tune Up Utilities before committing-it has a lot more features than others and seems to be completely safe.
    The problem is finding the balance between cleaning too much and just enough-TU seems to have found it.

10. MikeNAS

What's the difference between Ace Utilities and System TuneUp? Or are they totally same? If you buy Ace Utilities you get System TuneUp too :D Price is $29.95 and it's lifetime license.

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Mostly its just a different GUI. Also System TuneUp only works with XP/2003/Vista.

12. MikeNAS

Thanks a lot WSFuser! Ace Utilities is bought now. Damn that's so nice program. It takes some time learn all properties and possibilities. Luckily license is lifetime so I don't have any hurry :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

AU -- great choice. A one-off purchase price. I have happily used it for several years.

Now that you have bought AU, you are eligible for a free copy of their Registry Defrag/Compactor -- it's a superb program! :thumb:

14. MikeNAS

Thanks bellgamin! IMO Now I have suberb programs to use before activating ShadowDefender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.