System boot fails after shrinking boot partition with PPM 12

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by TommyBeGood, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyBeGood

TommyBeGood Registered Member

The first HD (1,5 TB) in my system has two partitions. Primary (boot partition containing Win7 SP1) is 500GB and a secondary of 900GB.
    In PPM 12 I used the slider in the diskmap to resize the partitions. I decreased the size of the primary partition to 400GB and increased the secondary to 1000GB.
    After redistributing the space on the drive for about 3 hours, the system tried to reboot, but reboot failed completely. The last line of the boot sequence I see on my screen is "Controller bus#00, Device#1F, Function#02: 06 Ports, 04 Devices". After this, nothing happens. I cannot even get into the BIOS setup. System also won't start from bootable recovery DVD.
    My system seems to be completely destroyed, what can I do to repair or undo the resizing?

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

TommyBeGood,

Is it possible to create WinPE-based recovery environment from another PC?
    If you have licensed Paragon product with WinPE builder, please install it to another PC and create bootable stick.

You should be able to enter BIOS. Do you see any messages on PC start about pressing some key to enter setup?
    If not, please try pressing DEL, F2, F12, F10.

If you succeed in entering BIOS, please change the boot order to start from USB first and boot from WinPE Recovery media.
    Run Paragon product in Advanced mode and see what happened with disk layout.
    Then close the Full scale launcher and run LogCollector.
    Collect log file and store it to your recovery media
    Shutdown the PC.

Attach collected logs here with all details you've seen in Full scale launcher

4. TommyBeGood

TommyBeGood Registered Member

Mechanical animal,

Thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid it won't help. I have tried booting the PC using other recovery (emergency) DVD's, but booting fails in all cases.
    When I turn on the PC, the system shows a normal startup screen with explanations about which keys to press. Pressing the <del>-key to enter the BIOS setup however, doesn't work. Whatever key I press, the startup screen disappears, the next screen shows up with some boot sequence messages and it always stops with the last message being:
    "Controller bus#00, Device#1F, Function#02: 06 Ports, 04 Devices".

TommyBeGood.

With help of paragon-software.com I managed to solve the problem.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

How? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.