System Booster: what's the best one?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ComputerSaysNo, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's the best system booster? Auslogics? Tuneup Utilities? Or another?

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

-Buy more RAM.
    -Change your Windows to x64 bit ones if you need more than 3GB of RAM Utilized.
    -Get a Faster CPU.

I No Longer believe in Software "Boosters"...;)

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I too.

- disable unnecessary automatic programs start at the boot ( Office, WMP etc don't need automatic start ).
    - disable or switch in manual unnecessary Windows services.
    - disable unnecessary scheduled operations ( ie: weekly av scan ).
    - clean the system ( temps, cookies...) and defrag when it is needed.

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Also it's not smart to let cleaning software empty the windows prefetch folder. Because at the next boot, it will take longer to boot.

It's impossible with software to boost your system performance.

If you want to be able to use all resources of your computer, you can use tools such as game booster, that tool will shutdown unnecessary services and processes.

5. OK so not a good idea, I'll leave the system booster for now. I don't really need it was just doing some research.

6. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

When you use CleanMem, you do not need to buy more RAM. It certainly helped me to get rid of messages like: Insufficient RAM to run this program.

Windows memory management just works wrong, it reserves RAM, but if a new software asks for RAM, it will not release unused reserved RAM.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Depends on what you're trying to do. Ccleaner does a good job of emptying temp files, which I run after using the Windows Disk Cleanup. It also has a good auto-start manager so you can disable unnecessary background processes. If you have a mechanical hard drive then a good defragger helps - I recommend the free version of PerfectDisk. I would forget about "ram managers" - there's no substitute for just adding ram if it's needed. And just forget registry cleaners...

9. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

buy an SSD and dont bother with the nonsense booseters

10. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

SSD without a doubt. New Win 7 machine I just built boots up in 30 seconds including password entry and I can speed it up a little more if I want. SSD are relatively cheap now. All programs load very quickly.

11. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

The use of Memory Optimizers has been a very Controversial issue...o_O

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

14. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well, there are some that work and some that do not. It is like using an iPhone made in Hong Kong and then claiming, that all iPhones suck.
    I used CachemanXP since XP and it saved me a lot of money, that I would have been forced to invest into RAM, just like CleanMem helps me now.

P.S.: Anyway, I never really care about reviews, I prefer to test things myself to find out if it works or not. Just like a biowashball (Made in Swiss, not in China). :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  15. guest

guest Guest

"I No Longer believe in Software "Boosters".

"shutdown unnecessary services and processes."

Get rid of it all and strip windows to the bone, I have windows XP
    here is a image of my system load with only 30 processes running

Attached Files:

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i agree 100% i dont believe in "boosters" i think they are a bunch on garbage. i do use a defrag and registry cleaner. i also clean out internet history and temp files etc, i find it does in fact make a difference but anything more i dont see being noticable. and even all the cleaning at times you dont notice it, i just like to know its cleaned up. i have seen pc's HUGELY benefit from a good cleaning but those are ones that have not been cleaned in years.

17. Sully

Sully Registered Member

In the past, memory managers could make a huge difference. But we're talking 95/98 days.

Back on XP, when if first came out, I had 512mb ddr. Fast stuff back then, but also spendy. I recall using many tools and tweaks to get the best performance. Some of them made a difference, some did not. Managing services and autoruns made the most difference.

These days, with the speed of everything, there isn't much use for such things any more. I do still manage my services/autoruns, but not really because the machine becomes "faster" but more that in principle I don't think I need things to run that I don't use.

Sul.

18. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Nice barebones system you have running there..its knowing which services to turn off..I know black vipre does a set of service tweaks.but otherwise im not brave enough LOL.:thumb: :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.