System Backup 2010 Stalled

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bbriley, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbriley

bbriley Registered Member

Hi. I bought the new System Backup & Recovery 10 Suite about three weeks ago and installed it 10 days ago into my new Windows 7 system (the pc itself isn't new but Windows 7 is, as of about Nov. 26 - I installed it from scratch - clean install). I am writing because this evening, System Backup 2010 - a component of the suite - stalled (stayed "stuck" at 15 minutes to go for a long while). I hadn't had the experience before, with two previous backups.

Any ideas what could cause this? Task Manager didn't say the program "wasn't responding" but System Backup just wasn't progressing any more and I had to use Task Manager to shut it down. For now, I will use the "Smart Backup Wizard" in the main program (System Backup & Recovery Suite). I will add that I have a 320 GB Maxtor OneTouch USB hard drive for my backup disk images.

Thanks for any suggestions here.

2. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

Hi, Did you check to see how much available space on the USB drive ? Maybe not enough ?

3. Joncon42

Joncon42 Registered Member

I have just downloaded Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition. I have tried several times to do a complete system backup on to an external hard drive connected via USB. Each time the backup stops after a minute or so, saying a file can't be opened, and further digging gives me an error code 0x11025. Can anyone help?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Bbriley,

Try temporarily disabling the System Backup 2010 component by going to Start > Run > "msconfig" > Start up tab > and uncheck "dbhagent".

Run Backup & Recovery 10 Suite, launch the full scale program and run the wizard to setup your backup. I find this method much more poweful and convenient if you know what you want to backup, where, and how often.

If the backup is stalling, it could be because of the 100MB partition that is included with a fresh install of Windows 7. I would try to backup that up manually as a standalone, sector by sector raw processing and not include it into your schedule backup. The data does not change often so you don't need to keep an updated backup. In your primary backup, only include the partitions you need (C: and data partitions). This will most likely resolve your stalling issue.

Joncon42,

0x11025 imples that the program could not write the file. Check if you have permissions to the drive by simply creating a text file on the drive. I recommend running check disk on the volume as well. Open My Computer > Right-click the volume > and run Scan Disk with fixing options checked.

5. bbriley

bbriley Registered Member

I did do exactly as you said, using msconfig. Now I run the full B & R 10 Suite's full scale program, the "smart backup" option, every 7-10 days (manual control, not automated). It works fine - and if you see my posting on this list earlier today, I actually had to use the most recent drive image last evening because Windows 7 crashed badly, beyond repair. The "restore" feature using the Paragon Boot CD, Linux version (which I made from within B&R 10), worked perfectly, and soon Windows 7 was back in business. I was VERY impressed!

Thank you for your good tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.