System Backup 2010 snapshot size on NAS

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cammint, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cammint

cammint Registered Member

When I try to save a System Backup snapshot of my Drive C (size 349 GB, 225 GB free) to a share on my Western Digital NAS, it won't let me, saying I need at least 26.9 GB of free space to create a snapshot.

The NAS has 889.06 GB free, no quotas, but for some reason System Backup doesn't seem to accept this.

If I change the snapshot destination to a local hard disk with rather less free space, it runs fine.

Meanwhile, Paragon Drive Backup 10 has no problem saving archives to the same NAS share. I'm using Win7 x64 and build 10505.

Any thoughts?

2. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

Hi, I have the same problem. You can do a manual backup from system backup by specifying the location of your NAS ie. \\DeviceName\Share\Folder.

3. cammint

cammint Registered Member

Thanks for the \\DeviceName\Share\Folder tip, and good to know one is not alone!

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

As I've mentioned in the other post, there's a workaround for it for now and we will try to look into the hardware immediately. We have a couple of WD NAS boxes here in the office that we can test.

--------------------------------------------------
    If for whatever reason you can't get Paragon to recognize your mapped NAS or it's reading it incorrectly, you can always setup a backup, edit the backup script, and change the local path to a UNC path.

So from your "Archive" tab, right-click the scheduled task, "edit script"

For example, change:

// Backup
    img = "C:/arc_Sample/arc_080509153054781/arc_080509153054781_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)$(DAY).PBF"

to

// Backup
    img = "\\Device\Share\Folder\arc_080509153054781_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)$(DAY).PBF"

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.