System Backup 2010 question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by HAN, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I bought this for a friend and intended to backup his minimal sized XP Home PC with it. The installation went fine but I ran into a slight glitch. It will not backup to his FAT 32 OCZ 16 GB USB flash drive. According to System Backup, it is not a valid disc for backups. So, for now, I had to use the hidden partition method included with the program. But this is not the best solution as it leaves the backups on the same drive as his Windows installation.

Why would System Backup care whether the drive is portable or not? If it's a working FAT drive that is large enough to hold the data, what is the issue? Is there any way around this? If not, this should be heavily noted on the website that flash drives are not supported.

I am very disappointed!

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Han ,

Sorry it isn't doing what you hoped.

If you look here - it does state it will automatically backup to a backup capsule on an internal HD, or to an External HD. It doesn't say Flash Drives.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/systembackup/

You might see if you can select a backup location, select the partition to backup, and do it that way:

SYSBKUP-MANUAL-2-2009-12-23_154844.jpg

Otherwise, you could try B&R10 Free as Tommy suggests , below.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for posting. I did see those illustrations and notes. But I have used flash drives with other imaging apps (including the Windows PE recovery disc environment from Paragon Drive Backup 10 Pro) without issue. So I thought this would work too.

I will try formating the OCZ flash drive as NTFS and see if that makes any difference...

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the tip, Han.

Glad it worked out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.