SysInspector results

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by Cosmo 203, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

Taken from the new RC:

I did a SI-Run (running in a XP 32 Bit Virtual Machine) and find the following:

There is no result filtering on risk level 7+.
    But there are results on Level 6. This is strange, because SysInspector 1.1.2.0 on my production machine (basically the same system but far more content than the VM) has nothing on Risk Level 6; the highest is Level 5. So it appears, that SysInspector in V4 is somehow hyper-nervous.

The result is furthermore strange, because in the branch "Important Registry Settings" there is listet: ESET. This is written in black (not read) and opening this ESET-branch there is still no read content. This seems to be a filtering bug. If I set the filter level to 7 the Eset entry vanishes.

The last point is somehow funny (SysInspector does not know Eset), but the first point appears to be a way into wrong direction. If the level of pre-warning gets raised, because (as an example) SI does not know csrss.exe from MS, than the usefulness goes in the direction of zero.

2. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

I wonder if no reaction means, that this strange change in SysInspector's valuation is deliberately. But this does not match with the "ESET"-results (see previous post).

So a bug or not?

Will it be corrected or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.