Sysfader.exe - Application error

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mnalep, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnalep

mnalep Registered Member

Hello,

I was trying to use the suggestions from the posts in the thread below, to eliminate a problem in my IE explorer that constantly gives an application error and refers to sysfader.exe - memory cannot be read, but I am not using the same versions of software the above posters had.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=24363&page=8

Also was trying to find a solution here:
    http://beyondteck.blogspot.com/2006...howComment=1238270640000#c2938487627989815517

When I look under My Computer/Manage/event viewer/System there exists log entries that correlate with the sysfader applic error message, there is an "Information" log entry that indicates the source is 'Application Popup. I don't know if this sheds any light on the problem, but it seemed like it might.

I am running windows 2000, and ie 6, so I cannot follow the advice posted to "change the visual effects", as I do not have that option under the advanced tab of system/properties.

Also do not have the "disable addons" feature available in IE 6.

I also do not have nvidia graphics card, so that solution should not apply to me.

Does anyone know how I can eliminate the sysfader error?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

mnalep, first, welcome to Wilders! See if the 4th post on this dslreports.com Sysfader thread solves your problem.

I assume you have checked for malware after reading that old Wilders thread, but if not, I'll suggest 2 programs:
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Trial Version and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition. Doesn't hurt to check.

The other item I would suggest is to use HijackThis 2.0.2, but do not post the log here, instead follow this Wilders thread Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services! and use any of the sites mentioned there to post your log. Good luck!

3. mnalep

mnalep Registered Member

Hello JR,.

Thanks for your welcome, and the tips.

I have tried the advice in that post: "SysFader is used to effect fade in/out of menus and tooltip balloons. If it's persistently hanging-up, it can be disabled in Display Properties -> Effects -> uncheck "Use Transition Effects for menus and tooltips" (note: this is how it's disabled in Win2K; it might be done differently in XP)." - but it did not solve my problem.

I have run Anti-Malware, but not SuperAntispyware. I will try that, and then your other suggestions if SuperAntispyware does not work. Thanks.

mnalep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.