sys tray icon

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by twl845, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been using NOD32 for almost a year. At boot up the NOD icon always appears in the sys tray, but the last couple of days it has failed to appear twice. I click the control center in the main menu and it then appears and stays visible. This is no big deal, but I am wondering if something is developing. Has anyone experienced this?:p

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is known issue and it is generally connected to your video card and its drivers. Try to update your vide card drives to the very latest and then reinstall NOD32 :thumb:

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK thanks for the tip. Why would this start happening almost a year after installing NOD? You would think it would happen from day one.:)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Have no idea

5. johchi

johchi Registered Member

This happens to me on and off and seems to be related more to the work the pc has to do when starting up than to any specific link with a video card/driver issue. I'm guessing that if there's masses going on at startup/logon, all competing for resources, sometimes the machine just doesn't have the resources to do everything it's supposed to do. For me it's not just the Control Centre icon that doesn't show up, sometimes very few icons appear. This happens less if you wait at the logon screen until disk activity ceases before you log in. You can get your icons back in the system tray by logging off and then logging back on again - no need to restart.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Yesterday I set BOClean to scan 8 minutes after bootup because I noticed it had to try a few times. Today my NOD icon came right up. I'll just keep an eye on it. Maybe the BOClean was sucking too much resources.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.