Synchronize groups with Active directory

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by medfac, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medfac

medfac Registered Member

What is required to have NOD32 Administrator Console pull groups from Active Directory? I have it installed on windows 2003 server in AD domain but when clicking "Synchronize with Active Directory" under groups nothing is displayed.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Which version of ESET Remote Administrator are you running?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I think you have to install Remote Administrator on a Global Catalog Server.

4. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

You don't need to install it on a GC. In the manual it says:

In order for ERAS to synchronize with Active Directory, it is not required that ERAS be installed on your Domain Controller. The Domain Controller only must be accessible from the computer where your ERAS is located. To configure authentication to your Domain Controller, go to Tools > Server Options > Other Settings > Edit Advanced Options > ESET Remote Administrator > ERA Server > Settings > Active directory. The format of the server name is LDAP://servername or GC://servername. When empty, global catalog (GC) is used.

The LDAP/GC seems to be case sensitive and I have it working with the GC:// here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.