Sync between USB Tyhumb and Hard drive - vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sunrise, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

Hi,

Has anyone manage to use vista's sync center to sync data from usb thumb drive (or SD card using card reader) to the hard disk?
    For vista premium, it cant sync network folders, and mostly for mobile devices..?

anyone have recommendation for good and free software to do that?

Thanks!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I havent used Vista's builtin sync, but my favorite backup/sync software is SyncBack. you can try and see if it works for you.

3. sunrise

I went to the syncback website to check, looks good. one thing i like it has backup feature as well and many others.

previously for backup, i used Acronis trueimage for backup. but as i do not need to backup or have an image of the entire C drive or D drive (as i used OS CD and a flash drive containing essential applications. For D drive which contains my data, not much new additions or changes to data often. So ldecide to drop trueimage as 'heavy' for my needs.

But i do not know if syncback can compare the files from source (my HD folder) and destination (DVD/CD) so it burn only the new files or changes files ontop of the previous data that is already residing in the DVD/CD.., something like rewriteable and UDF format. but not sure if it can compare.

Gona try it though thanks!

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes it can compare files; dont know if it can backup to cd/dvd though.

5. sunrise

oh, i realise MS release synctoy 1.4 which works in vista..hmm..now lets see which is better interms of backup/sync and ease of use

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.