symcd.com & symcdc.com

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by 7hohPAyXMd, Sep 27, 2014.

1. 7hohPAyXMd

7hohPAyXMd Registered Member

Hi all,

I see a lot of requests coming from my LAN to sd.symcd.com in my DNS logs. But I am not sure what could be causing that.

What is concerning is that there is no official info about symcd.com. And even worse, symcdc.com claims to be "We are currently developing a line of instruments based primarily on capacitive to digital sensors utilizing fully differential inputs and high resolution capacitive to ..."

Does anyone know anything about these? Do I have some unknown virus infection? (I keep everything up to date and virus checked, and never install crapware)

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. 7hohPAyXMd

7hohPAyXMd Registered Member

That forum thread is just a bunch of speculations with no concrete info. about what symcd.com might be.
    and nothing about symcdc.com

Since there is no reliable info about neither of those domains, I just blocked them from router and have not noticed any problems so far...

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

I did state "it could be this" if you are using Firefox, due to Zulu confirming the application/ocsp-response content type, however, I wasn't able to find anything definite, even in VirusTotal, whose URL result may be a false positive.

Reliable info: http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/eca838a143a5d711b11ec1ece030a1e9-1412467716, verifying that the Content Type is text/html; charset=UTF-8, which means a Web site, shown as Benign.

If any Wilders' member has noticed similar LAN requests, please post your findings.

5. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Pale Moon browser and firewall report a TCP outbound connection on Port 80 . (sd.symcd.com) Web page was
    https://add-ons.mozilla.org... IIRC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.