Symantec's view on there upcoming 2009 suite and Norton's new future technologies....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by denniz, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Re: Symantec's view on there upcoming 2009 suite and Norton's new future technologies

Hello,

Bloated to Mrk's chart of bloatedness. As simple as that.
    One tool, one function. The Swiss army knife was invented long time ago.

I prefer 100 tiny tools that do job well in their narrow area than 1 tools that does 100 job lousily.

Example - ping. Did you ever hear anyone complain about ping? Now, imagine ping also became a registry editor, oh my oh my.

Performance = good design, slim design, narrow, efficient functionality.

Mrk

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Re: Symantec's view on there upcoming 2009 suite and Norton's new future technologies

Well, it is all a matter of opinion. NIS in the past may not have been very good in terms of what it delivered compared to its 'size' (I am using your measuring scale) but NIS 2008 certainly was a revelation compared to previous versions...and they are heading in the right direction.

But "Performance = good design, slim design, narrow, efficient functionality." Ha, ha...makes me laugh...where is accuracy in all that? 100 tiny tools that are in accurate are certainly not that good.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.