Symantec study: cybercrime is rampant around the world

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MrBrian, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

From http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...nt_around_the_world_says_study.html?tk=hp_new:

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe cyber crime could be drastically reduced if Governments funded programs to educate the general public on how most people fall prey to malware, social engineering, phishing etc.. I know malware writers are constantly evolving, but in a lot of cases it would only require them to use a little common sense to prevent them from getting infected or giving their personal information out to begin with. They should have a special edition on all the news channels showing video footage on how most users get deceived into infecting themselves. My favorite is when you have a popup saying something like you need to install this video codec to play this file or you have a zillion popups on a website saying you are infected with every known virus to man, and you need to install this AV to get ride of all the viruses you supposedly have lol A lot of times people that are in need or don't have anything give their personal information out in hopes of gaining some Monetary item that is only a hokes. I feel really bad for these people because they probably were already down on their luck to begin with.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.