Symantec installer popping up when I right-click

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Relemar, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

Whenever I right-click an icon I get the Symantec installer pop-up. But I'm using Spyware Terminator to stop it from opening.

I've recently manually removed Symantec from my system, the context menu is still there and there's no traces of Symantec on my PC (I don't think) I've run Smarty Uninstaller 2007 to remove traces, then Ccleaner then Iobits Advanced Windowscare personal to clean my PC.

A list of installers I've currently got blocked:

C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MSI2E5.TMP
    C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MSI2E8.TMP
    C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MSI2E9
    C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MSI1317.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MSI131C

Bump!

Blocked by SWT as these are popping up to allow or block, when the installer appears. I've noticed that I'm using IDmanager and it's getting blocked (So that installer is for IDman too)

I'm totally confused. Any help is 100% appreciated. So when I right click I'm getting installer pop-ups from Symantec installer.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

3. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

If the Norton Removal Tool don't help, you could always do a search in the registry for norton + symantec entries and delete them manually, be sure to uncheck the Match whole string only box.
    If you don't know what you doing then don't try it you might HOSE your machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.