Symantec Endpoint Protection: how to set network threat configuration enabled

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tisungho, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Hi,

I've just got a laptop from my company. It has SEP installed. I think SEP blocks something, therefore I cannot login to Yahoo Messenger. I don't know why I cannot open Network Threat Protection Settings to configure it. The button "Configure Settings" is disabled and it says "Your administrator has blocked this feature". I don't know how to make it enabled even though I have admin right.

Could you please help me!

Thanks

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    its been installed by your administrator at work and they are the only ones that can change the settings or uninstall the software. guessing its been installed from the server over the network.
    i surgest you contact them regarding the issue. they may not allow you to use yahoo messenger or they may create a firewall rule for you.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Another option, if you can do it, might be to just uninstall SEP and use something else that's more suitable for you.....

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its not his laptop so he cannot do that.
    even if uninstallation is possible he could get Fired.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, I was reading it as if he had bought the laptop from his company and now it was his. If it's company property, then he should not mess with it, but ask his IT people to set it up for him etc....

6. wedajm

wedajm Registered Member

Hi! I have just installed Sym. End.prot. and, it also blocks for me. I´m not very familiar with endpoint. But what I´ve heard, it´s a very very good program. Anyway..I have now end.p. on this comp, and, my laptop can´t enter this comp. via my private network. From my modem, I got a switch, who´s connected to my main comp. and then to my laptop.

How do I configure end.p. so it will allow my laptop to enter this compo_O?

Merry Christmas aLL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.