Symantec Corporate Client 10.1.6.6000 any good?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanatos_theos, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Is Symantec Corporate Client 10.1.6.6000 any good? Just want to know if it has an installed shield/firewall. Please tell me if an antispyware is included with it. Is this thing free? What other good and unique features included in this AV? Which is better Mcafee Enterprise (the latest) or this one?

Regards,
    thanatos

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

3. thanatos_theos

I heard you can download it in torrentz and its free. I want to know if it is a good AV. Is it better than Mcafee Enterprise?

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I can't believe this reply....

5. thanatos_theos

Somebody told me that you can actually download the full version of Symantec Corporate Client 10.1.6.6000 in torrentz. The same with Mcafee Enterprise!

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

You can download anything you want. But that does not mean the program is free for use or legitimately distributed using P2P networks.

On this site, people prefer to keep the discussions within the legal circles of software - or at least pretend to do so.

In the best of my knowledge, Norton products, especially enterprise ones, are not only not cheap - they are also very expensive.

The best you can do is - download a FREE version of either AVG, avast! or Antivir, very solid products that will give you at least as much as protection as Symantec products - plus you won't be doing anything naughty, everyone will be pleased - and Bob's your uncle.

Mrk

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes. Its quite light and has less eye candy than Norton.
    no
    I personally prefer Symantec because its options seems more customizeable. Also it has better detection iirc.

8. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Symantec definately has better detection rates than McAfee, but the Virusscan Enterprise Edition has buffer overflow protection for common programs and certain virus-like activity stopper/alerter. Detection rate is very important, but its not the ONLY criteria. McAfee home/soho products are crap I admit it but not the enterprise edition.

Coming back to the topic, yes Symantec Corporate Edition is quite a beast and very light. But its out of reach for home users.

9. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I would not say Symantec enterprise AV is light by any means. It chews up lots of memory, more than any other AV I have tried. OTOH, it does not cause any system slowdowns and the interface is clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.