Symantec CO 9 or NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alvd, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alvd

alvd Guest

What´s better? Symantec AV Corporate 9 or NOD32?

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Depends, are you trying to use them on a single machine or an entire network?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Both of these products will give you good protection. However, you may be able to obtain SAV for free if your place of work uses it.

SAV Corporate edition is a very lean, stable AV and since detection ability is the same as the Home version this is very good.

If your place of work uses it and your Tec people let you take it home well worth at least testing.

Just configure as unmanaged and client during the install.

4. iwod

iwod Registered Member

And hopefully CO 10 will improve as well. Coming soon :p

5. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I've deployed and administered SAV since 7.6 and now I'm working on rolling out NOD32 to replace SAV. I've began trickling NOD32 in by deploying it to mobile users and remote sites and I plan to do a full implementation unless SAV10 is worthy of renewal. So far, I like NOD32 better based on the management console and daily updates. I just find the management console to be more logical and flexible compared to what Symantec has to offer. Also a full system scan seems much less noticeable on NOD as opposed to SAV.

6. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Agree with se7engreen, i prefer NOD32.

7. alvd

alvd Guest

I`ve heard that the realtime scan of nod32 is very good, but the scan engine is not so good...is this true?

I´ll use the antivirus on my home pc...

8. I use Bitdefender Home as a back up AV scanner....so far neither has found something the other has missed....but then again I've found nothing for ages

"KNOCK ON WOOD"

9. jstegmann

jstegmann Registered Member

I agree that the NOD32 client is superior (to almost everything, I guess) in terms of scanning speed and performance impact.

However, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you find the management console to be superior. I have tested NOD32, TrendMicro, KAV and avast! over the last weeks, and in that race NOD32 and TrendMicro came in last. IMHO avast! offer the best management console of the four, closely followed by KAV.

Or maybe I just didn't get to the bottom of things... Are you running multiple policies and configurations on different groups of computers? If so, I would be happy to learn how you did it - that's one of the things I missed.

Thanks,

JS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.