Symantec Client Security CE v.3.1.4 for Home PC?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rokko, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokko

rokko Registered Member

Is it good?o_O
    Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Symantec Client Security is fine but it is Corporate Edition which means Symantec will ask you buy at least 10 copies (as far as I can remember)

If you are home user , it is suggested that you look at the tons of homeuser products . Excellent products are NOD32 and F-prot

:thumb:

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

This is usually given to users from large companies or Universities.

And yes it is a good product, just beware of "heaviness factor"

4. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

i would say it is quite good because it is unobtrusive and easy to use. Pre-configured setting is more than enough. Although the price for the suite is high around 320 us dollars, it covers five users(I got it for US 220$ from symantec online store,when they had discount special). I have been using it for six months and there has been no problem whatsoever. Support for the software is not that impressive. It is much better than norton internet security in terms of stability and does everything without bell and whistles. Finally, i would recommend this, if you don't need anti-spam and parental controls.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.

5. rokko

rokko Registered Member

I already have SCSCE 3.1.4, and just thinking whether it is normal to use it on a standalone PC.
    Yeas NOD is fine ( ~removed private user information - snapdragin~ will still work 2 months), but with new XP installation I wanted new good AV + FW. So, is SCSCE suitable?

Thanks ashishtx, I don’t like bells too:D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006
  6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not so familiar with Symantec products but if this has firewall , it is ok . As already mentioned , Corporate products of Symantec are different from the well known intrusive Nortons , so you should be ok :D

Microsoft Protect your PC www.microsoft.com/protect :)

7. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

I would also recomend it. The footprint compared to the home user suites are low. The spyware module has been improved greatly from v.3.0 to v.3.1.4.

8. ink

ink Registered Member

You can use if you both work home and office, but the product has some different configuration compared to home edition, it is heavier than NIS2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.