Symantec AV Corporate 10-Opinions?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I would like to know if Symantec's Corporate Edition AV's detection is as good as the 2007 series and also if it has anti-spyware in it.

And also what are your overall opinions
  2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I am using symantec av as part of symantec client security 3.1(on one of my fd snapshot). It is pretty stable and more reliable than home version. It has better self protection than most other antivirus scanners. Ofcourse it is more configurable than home version. One can also adjust the heuristics level of the scanner. If compared with 2007 version, home version slightly has the edge due to rootkit scanner. Signature update should be same for both home and corporate version. Please correct me if i am wrong.
  3. Legendkiller

thanks for d advice
  4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

My symantec corporate updates 3/5 times a day.
  5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

In my opinion Symantec didn't do such a good job with version 10 (many small bugs and higher recourse usage), personally I would go with McAfee instead.
  6. Legendkiller

i also found VSE 8.5 much better than this one,i think i will switch base pretty soon..
  7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

symantec coprate isnt very good at spyware detection.
    at my work placement last year all the customers laptops came in with symantec cororate 10 and most of them had there registy corropt by spyware or other malware infection.
    i thought the coporate products where ment to be good?
    lodore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.