Sygate Security agent hampering my network!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by coolpontiac, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolpontiac

coolpontiac Registered Member

hi *puppy*
    I tried to find the best place to post this, sorry if I didnt get it right.

I have a 'work' laptop running win2k which I USED to be able to connect to my home network (meaning the network neighboorhood optoin on the work laptop could easily 'see' my home computers.

THEN 1 day... the I.T. dudes helped me restore my user profile which got corrupted. At same time they added this Sygate SA 3.5 to my machine.

NOW I cant 'see' my home machines. I can ping them and they can ping me.

I cant modify, delete, set options in this sygate app. Can someone help me. I.T. people are not responsive.

THANKS

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi coolpontiac

... welcome to Wilders :) .

If the "work" laptop and Sygate product has been configured for your work network, the settings could be incompatible with your home network.

As this is a "work" laptop, the security policy and use of it is something that will be defined by your employer/IT staff. You will need to clarify with them what this policy is and if they will allow the "work" laptop to be connected to other networks, such as your home network. Depending on what they will allow, the IT staff would be the ones to make any changes to the Sygate configuration.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. coolpontiac

coolpontiac Registered Member

there in lies the problem my friend.
    its like a union shop. they are not required to support home use, thus dont want to lift a finger to help. I need to be able to print to my home machine and make backups on my home cd burner. Isnt there a way for me (as a use , not admin) to have the machine NOT start sygate app at startup? Cant I comment out a line somewhere when working from home?
    I tried running msconfig but this win2k computer doesnt have it, maybe thats a winxp commend?!? there must be a way for me to do this?
    thx
    CP

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Well that may be an issue you will to resolve with the powers that be at your place of employment if your work involves taking the laptop home and doing things there.

Depending on the security policies in place and if your account is that of limited user, there is not much you will be able to do in regards to configuration changes. You will most probably have to seek the OK from someone in authority at work and then have the IT staff make the necessary changes.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.