Sygate - how to "unblock" required service?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rjbsec, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

I am using Sygate Personal Firewall and it is working well apart from one problem!
    For some reason it is blocking some of my PC's talking to each other and it comes up with "IP 192.xxx.x.x blocked", which is obviously something that I do not want.
    I can't figure out how to unblock access - I need to ensure that all Network IP's are allowed - any of you guys talk me through this please?

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I don't have Sygate installed at the moment but I did have a few months back and had the same problem. What I did was to set up an advanced rule to allow all traffic to and from all local network addresses, which was fairly simple to do. After that, all went well with no more blocked LAN traffic.

I can't do step-by-step instructions as I haven't got the software in front of me, but perhaps a kind Sygate user will be able to assist? ;)

3. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If you haven't already done it -

tools
    advanced rules
    (OK)
    ADD

Put in the description you desire "allow local traffic" or something like that...
    Select "allow this traffic"
    Then hit the "hosts" tab up top - select "IP Address(es) and put in your network range (192.168.0.1-192.168.0.10) or something like that - depending on how many computers you have on your network and whether you're using arouter or one of your computers as a gateway...
    Under the "ports and protocols" tab leave it on "all" and "both."
    I wouldn't mess with the scheduling or applications tabs unless you have a certain need to. Let us know how it goes.

5. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Thanks to both - I've managed to configure that okay :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.