Sygate and Process Guard good enough?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by HankPiano, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankPiano

HankPiano Registered Member

I read a lot about the Comodo and Jetico firewalls. Tried Comodo but didn't like it because it used to many systemresources and slowed down my computer. Jetico looks rather complicated to me, after reading some reviews and the comments here.

At the moment I use Sygate free and Process Guard full version. I know Sygate has been swallowed bij Symantec but I like this firewall, I'm used to it and it does it's job, as far as I know. I'm just wondering, is the combination Sygate/PG sufficient to protect my system or should I switch to a newer/better firewall?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if it were me, i would switch firewalls for the support and because it has a few unfixed bugs.

sygate is a good firewall tho and if u like it then keep it til it no longer works. PG is a great way to increase your security so i just recommend u stay with ur current setup.

3. zoso

zoso Registered Member

Hi there!

Can you please tell me if there is any benefit in switching from Sygate to Comodo now?

Thank you!

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the benefits are still only support and bug fixes.

i havent tried comodo, but im sure its different than sygate. if u want to compare the two, then thats a different topic.

5. zoso

zoso Registered Member

OK thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.