Sygate and Blink?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by smf, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smf

smf Registered Member

Does anybody know what's happening with Sygate Personal Pro? It hasn't had any updates for a long time and their forums had a beta posted many months ago. I noticed they had an announcment today about their Enteprise product adding HIPs and anti-spyware capability. I don't care that much about another signature based spyware scanner, but the HIPs is nice. I'm wondering if any of this will make it's way into their consumer/small business targeted products.

Also, has anybody tried Eeye's Blink? This is a pretty interesting product because it combines Eeye's excellent security scanner into the client. I tried the download and it looks like it can perform as a standalone product or as a managed client. Here is a link to the feature set:

http://www.eeye.com/html/products/blink/features.html

It's $99 dollars, so it's not exactly cheap, but it does provide a lot of functionality. Nobody elses product has Eeye's experience with vunerability scanning.

Thoughts....

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I was wondering the exact same thing about Sygate myself about a month ago. I notice that the beta doesn't seem to be updated and expires after a short time. Sygate seems to have abandoned the home market for some reason. Kinda sad, as it was basically a good firewall and with a little work and a few fixes, could have been great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.