Sygate 5.6 fixed yet??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mikel108, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Hi,
    I formated my PC last week. I still had Sygate 5.5 till then. When I went to re-install I read the forums at Sygate first and found that there were major problems with 5.6. If it is not fixed yet I will wait. I am asking at Wilders, as I find I get more reliable advice here.

Cheers

2. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I am using 5.6 on two comps (xp-pro & home) with no problems.

3. mikel108

Its great to hear you are having success with Sygate 5.6, Honyak. I hope others are of the same opinion. I usually find on product forum boards, such as AVG and Sygate it is usually people asking for help or wingnuts who did something wrong with the product and are now flaming it on their forum. I know that for the most part Wilders is unbias.

On the topic of Sygate, have you seen the amount of problems that are listed on Sygate's forum?? Do you think that it is all related?? I have to be honest, when it comes to firewalls I am at the lower(way lower) end of the scale for understanding them.

4. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

I'm still running on Sygate 5.5 build 2710 with no problems.

Whats the difference between 5.5 and 5.6, first time I have heard of it. :)

5. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

The Standard free version is at 5.6.xxxx
    http://forums.sygatetech.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=11775
    The Pro version is still at 5.5.xxxx with indications of an update soon.

Regards,

CrazyM

6. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

Many thanks CrazyM :)

7. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I had an error at shutdown with 5.5 and with 5.6 it has stopped the error at shutdown. I have not had any other problems with SPF.
    I am quite familiar with the Sygate Forum and some of the problems users have, but I have only experienced the one I mention and it is fixed.
    I am not an advanced user either, I have learned by trial and error to set up my advanced rules and feel pretty confident with it.
    As far as the problems listed on the forum being related. I cannot say, but I think a lot of the issues have to do with users set-up and certain software needs, for instance, I had conflicts with kerio and outpost (both are very good) on my comps but none with sygate.

8. mikel108

Well I took the plunge last night and downloaded the current version of Sygate 5.6. I have rebooted several times since, and surfed a round and I have not had one problem.

I use

XP Home
    P4
    512 Ram

9. mikel108

To follow up. The Sygate Forum may be full of members having problems with 5.6, but I am not one of them. It has now been over a week with no problems at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.