Switching to the 4 version already worth it?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chrizio, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Registered Member

The memory leak, as I described in my post about it, affects every ESET installation I tried. Most people though don't see it because it only grows quickly when heavy traffic is occuring like in the case of file downloadeds. A leak of 200 or 300 MBs of nonpaged ram will cause frequent paging operation for most users so it will slow em down, but not enough to make them notice it, and even less understand where it is since it's not directly in the ESET processes.

2. bradtech

bradtech Guest

1. SysInspector is very useful, and when you first implement NOD32 on a large scale environment (2,000 systems) you are bound to find a lot of stuff.. I have found some threats that were undetected, and sent in logs to eset which added defs.

2. Patch Alerting via NOD32 is nice. Added layer of insurance that you got what you need, and WSUS is working.

3. I believe some enhancements were done at the removable media level.

4. Better cleaning capabilities... I watched V3 fail removing/detection of a lot of parasites.. V4 was able to clean even though this could be remedied on both V3 and V4 for certain parasites..

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

o_O You can notice 0.5 seconds? No problems with Word whether NOD installed or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.