switching Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by leebob, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leebob

leebob Registered Member

I have an HP that is about 2 years old that came with Norton Internet Security pre-installed. I also use Spybot, Ad-Aware free, and Trend Micro AS. I have had no problems at all out of any of it.The problem is is that I do not want to upgrade NIS and I'm a little concerned about safety. Is Norton really that difficult to uninstall? I would like to use Kaspersky IS,but being only a moderately skilled computer user at best, I'm a little intimidated with what I read about uninstalling NIS. IF I do upgrade ,instead of switching, does the new version of NIS overright the old ones? Does that cause any conflicts? Any comments and help is appreciated.
    Thank You
    Leebob

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I have installed/uninstalled Norton IS 2007 a number of time using their removal tool SymNRT without any problems just to play with other Av's. I suggest that if you do decide to upgrade Norton to the newer version that you uninstall the old one first.

3. leebob

leebob Registered Member

Thank you. I assume that if installing another product you skip step three on the removal tool and install the new one instead. I had already found two removal tools for NIS, but they are different that the link you posted. I'll try yours first, and the others if any problems occur.Thanks again!!

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.