Switching Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zubairzm, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zubairzm

Zubairzm Guest

Hi,
    I have two HD. One is 40gb and other one is 120gb. Firstly my 40GB HD was bootable and I creaded image on 120GB HD. Now I have switched 120GB as my bootable HD. Now 120MB HD is my C drive and 40GB should show as D drive. However, when I go to my computer, I can see 120MB HD but I cant see 40GB HD as D drive. I have gone to CMOS setup and both drives show there. I gone to Windows device Manager and both disk shows there. I have changed jumpers and have tried everything whatever I thought might be needed. However, control panel still only one drive of 120GB is shown as C drive and second drive as D is not showing at all.
    Any help will be appricated.
    Thanks
    Zubairzm

2. leonpress

leonpress Registered Member

Check your jumpers for master and slave, check your cable and then go into BIOS and make sure it sees the drives.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zubairzm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please right-click on "My Computer", choose "Manage" -> "Disk Management" and wait till all the drives appear. Right click on the 40Gb disk and choose "Change drive letter and paths" option, click the "Add" button and choose the letter you wish to assign. This will allow you to access the disk in "My Computer".

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Zubairzm

Zubairzm Guest

Thanks for the replies. I figured out that there is a button in Acronis True Image which says add new disk. I clicked on that and then followed the steps. It worked.
    tks again
    Zubairzm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.