Switched from Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit to Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64 bit

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by russ0408, Jun 6, 2015.

1. russ0408

russ0408 Registered Member

The other day I had nothing to do so I heard a lot about Linux Mint so I figured I would give it a try. I was previously using Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit. Boy what a pleasant surprise Mint was. It seems to be a lot more stable. Firefox on Ubuntu would hang on some sites and turn black eventually freezing. That is not happening in Mint. Everything seems to respond to your requests so much better. Ubuntu seemed to be sluggish. I am so happy with Mint I made it my permanent os. I got rid of Windows. I really do recommend Linux Mint Cinnamon to anyone who is thinking from changing from Windows to Linux.

2. MsFluffyMuffin

MsFluffyMuffin Registered Member

I absolutely agree with you, have been using Linux Mint Cinnamon since 17 as my primary OS, never been happier since switching to Linux and Linux Mint in particular, before this I was using Ubuntu as my Linux distro of choice and as a secondary OS, seems to be so much more stable overall and I really prefer Cinnamon to Unity, I feel that Canonical developers could learn something from Clem and the rest of the Mint developers ;)

3. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Yes, Mint is way more stable than Ubuntu, they fix most of Ubuntu's bad maintanace, if not all.

Ubuntu used to be good, but today is pretty much a shot in the dark, you never know how the next release is going to be. After Canonical decided to include a spyware by default on Ubuntu 12.10 I never used it again. But Mint is not different, it comes with Flash and many other proprietary software (Flash is probably one of the nastiest one).

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The problem with Ubuntu is you should never run anything but the LTS builds. I've had almost no issues with them. The in-between builds suck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.