SWB v3 running great on Win98

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Detox, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I'm at my folks' home this weekend and just installed the new version to their old win98 machine and it was smooth as custard... Lessee... Got AVG free on here and Sygate PF... if anything else might be of help lemme know *puppy*

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

The update as well?

If so, this is REALLY getting quite freaky!

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

yup - update was also smooth n sweet.

4. dangitall

You lucky dog! *puppy*

5. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Not to upset you, dangitall, but not a problem on this 98SE machine, either. Using ZA (free) and NOD32 here. Maybe this thread should be continued for people on the 9X OS without a problem with SpywareBlaster to post answers to any questions Javacool might want to ask about their installed security software, etc. Just a thought.

6. dangitall

Not a problem. I'll bow out.

7. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Ooops! I think you may have misunderstood me. Did not mean you shouldn't post here. Sorry if I caused any confusion on that issue. I was just suggesting the continuance along those lines if Javacool would find it useful.

8. dangitall

No, no: it's probably a heck of an idea. If more of the 98 and ME folks who've had no problems can post all in one place, that'll give JC an easier time of contacting these should he need to do so.

I had already volunteered to deliver any information that he might require when these problems started showing up on 98 and ME systems as it looked like mine was one of the 'good' installs, but then I ran into a problem with the update. It's just that this is such a freaky thing because it's affecting similar setups in such different ways and I'm grasping at anything that even vaguely resembles a straw.

So, no, I'll bow out and hopefully there'll be more who've had no problems who choose to post here. I'll check back every now and then, though, looking for those straws!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.